Amitié Sans Frontières Internationale (ASFI) is a humanitarian organization established in 1991 by Madame Régine Vardon-West of Monegasque nationality, headquartered in the Principality of Monaco, and placed under the Honorary Presidency of His Serene Highness Prince Albert II of Monaco.
Amitié Sans Frontières Internationale Japon (ASFIJ) was established in May 2015 by Yurie Hatanaka Tamenne for expanding ASFI’s basic philosophy of “Justice, Tolérance and Amitié”, as well as humanitarian activities through fundraising, to Japan.
ASFI has over 20 branches throughout the world including the Principality of Monaco, has been granted consultative status by the United Nations Economic and Social Council, and is conducting activities in cooperation with the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR).
Based on its basic philosophy of “Justice, Tolérance and Amitié”, ASFI is holding fundraising events such as charity gala parties, sports events and cultural projects, and funds raised from these events are being used for timely and ideal humanitarian aid through ASFI headquarters and UNHCR to support children in Africa and provide relief to Syrian children neglected in refugee camps.
Overview of ASFI’s support activities
- Total donations of ASFI exceeded €755,000 (¥105,700,000) in 2014.
- Donation to the Street Children Center in South America
- Offering aid to children living in areas of civil wars and conflicts occurring throughout the world, and supporting the social rehabilitation of family members
- Aid and rescue operations in times of natural disasters throughout the world
- Humanitarian support for “eradication of poverty” which accounts for 2/3 of the planet as defined in the United Nation’s Millennium Development Goals
Key activities of ASFIJ in 2016 and 2017
- June 22 (Wed): ASFIJ’s annual financial report of 2015
- July 3 (Sun): ASFIJ Charity Garden Party (Nice, France)
- July 4 (Mon): ASFI Monaco Headquarters Charity Gala Party / Emblem Ceremony
*50,000€ was donated to UNHCR
- July 5: Red & White Party (Charity Dance Party) (Monaco)
*53 members attended from ASFIJ
- July 22 (Sun): Tokyo Branch – “Monaco Boys Choir Concert & After Dinner Party” in commemoration of the 10th anniversary of establishment of diplomatic relations between Japan and Monaco
- July 24 (Sun): Osaka Branch – “Red & White Fundraising Summer Party”
*¥119,000 was donated to Kumamoto City through Fukuoka Branch’s “Kumamoto Project”
- July 24 (Sun): Fukuoka Branch – ASFI Monaco Headquarters Charity Gala Party Briefing Session
- September 17 (Sat): Tokyo Branch – Amitié Japon × TADASHI SHOJI Fundraising Special Lunch Party
*¥124,000 was donated to Kumamoto City through Fukuoka Branch’s “Kumamoto Project”
- October 15 (Sat): Fukuoka Branch – “ASFIJ Fukuoka Branch Kumamoto Project” – Special Lecture “Why Japan? -A Diplomat’s Perspective-” by the ambassador extraordinary and plenipotentiary of the Republic of San Marino
*As a part of the raised funds, ¥240,000 was donated to Kumamoto City through Fukuoka City as a part of the “Kumamoto Project” together with the funds raised in the Tokyo Fundraising Event held on September 17
- November 3 (Holiday): Osaka Branch – Fundraising Party “Japan meets Monaco” at the Ritz Carlton Osaka
*¥276,000 was donated to UNHCR through Monaco Headquarters, and ¥207,000 was donated to Kumamoto City through Fukuoka Branch’s “Kumamoto Project”
- December 18 (Sun): Tokyo Branch – Emblem Ceremony & Afternoon Party
- January 14, 2017 (Sun): ASFI Monaco Headquarters – ASFIJ’s big band concert performance in the Charity Gala Party
*30,000€ was donated to UNHCR, and 30,000€ was donated to Red Cross
- February 18 (Sat): ASFIJ 2nd CHARITY GALA PARTY
*¥700,000 was donated to UNHCR through Monaco Headquarters
- February 19 (Sun): ASFIJ – Lunch Party with ASFI’s founder Madame Régine Vardon-West
- February 19 (Sun): ASFIJ Welcome Japan Cocktail Party
- April 20 (Thu): Osaka Branch Special Afternoon Party
- April 23 (Sun): Fukuoka Branch Lunch Party
- April 30 (Sun): Tokyo Branch – Fundraising Lunch Party for commemorating the establishment of the Amitié Japon Scholarship System
*As a part of the raised funds, ¥115,000 was donated to the Amitié Japon Scholarship System)
- May 20 (Sat): Tokyo Branch – Emblem Ceremony & Afternoon Party
To contribute to peace through the three values of Justice, Tolérance, and Amitié
- Justice: To be honest. To stay true. To address others around you and incidents that you encounter rightfully, fairly and directly.
- Tolérance: To turn your attention to others and bring out the best in them.
- Amitié: As the cornerstone of humanity, to always greet others with a smile and make them feel cheerful.
ASFIJ private membership
- Humanitarian aid from ¥100 a day
- You can become a private member of Amitié Sans Frontières Internationale Japon (ASFIJ) by agreeing with ASJIF’s objective and paying the following membership fees.
- Initial membership fee: ¥10,000
- Annual membership fee: ¥36,500
- For inquiries and membership, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (Sugiyama or Inoue).